Monday 11 February 2013

Illamasqua's Rubber Brights - Prosperity

Recently I have been obsessed with doing my nails. It’s not something I usually do because I’m not supposed to wear bright colours at my day job. However lately I haven’t been working much so I’ve taken the opportunity to experiment with different nail varnishes. This includes colours, finishes and glitters. So every couple of days I have been changing my nail colour.
 
Currently I am wearing Illamasqua’s nail varnish in the shade Prosperity. Prosperity is part of Illamasqua’s new Rubber Brights collection. These polishes were “inspired by the colour-coded specialities of the dominatrix Rubber Boot Girls of 1920s Berlin”. I first saw these polishes in one of Illamasqua’s YouTube tutorials. On a recent trip to Sydney I visited an Illamasqua counter picking up a few polishes, one of them being a beautiful purple Rubber Brights varnish.

Shades available in the Rubber Brights collection

At first I was a little skeptical as to whether or not these varnishes would deliver a matte rubber-like finish as promised. After prepping my nails and applying the first coat of the polish I was surprised to see it dry like actual rubber. At first I wasn’t sure if I liked the finish the polish gave off as it’s a little weird but after the second coat I was excited. Here’s a product that, as far as I’m aware, is the first of its kind.
 
Illamasqua's nail varnish in Prosperity

However at the time I did not realise that this particular nail varnish required no top coat. Having applied a top coat my nails still look slightly rubbery but not to the extent that they did when they were matte.  
 
With Top Coat
Ive always loved Illamasqua for their quirky and unique style, their bold and beautiful array of products. They encourage people of all ages and genders to express themselves. This is just one of their unique products that inspires people to be individuals. Personally I absolutely love it and would definately recommend it to nail polishes lovers looking for something to express their alter ego.

Application instructions: Prepare the nail with a base coat. Using the superfine brush provided, create colour-intense impact by applying two coats of your Rubber Brights Nail Varnish, waiting 30 seconds between coats. Allow two minutes drying time for the perfect, bold rubber-finish. No top coat required.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment